Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said that so I guess it’s good advice. Making a blog is a bit like leaving a trail isn’t it? A bit like heading where there is no path? Well, anyway, I’m gonna try this blog thing and see how it goes. I do this for a few reasons:
- I have meandering thoughts on a thousand things but few of these thoughts ever get finished; they just crash around inside my head cluttering up the place. Maybe writing some of it down will help.
- I’m an educator at heart and educators, by nature, like to share ideas, thoughts, insights. So I do this in a teacherly way, even if I’m the only student in class.
- I do like to write – sort of.
- I signed up for DS106, so now I have to.
- Maybe it will be something my kids can look at after I die. Or maybe even before then.
So here I go, taking the first few strokes. It will be tentative for a while, no doubt. My musings will be focused mainly on things related to teaching and learning but I’ll wander on occasion, as we do.